Thursday 19 August 2010

My hero!

I think the photo says it all. I don't do hero worship. Just like I don't do all the celebrity culture bit either. Well, not normally. But meeting Glen Plake is different.

Family Daynes (minus shy Sam) meet My Hero.

Actually, its not the first time we met. I was quite taken aback at a local ice hockey match; Chamonix taking on Megeve I think it was, last October, when I realised that Glenn was sat further along the same row. Too shy to go up and say hello.

No one has really asked what took us to Chamonix. Obvious I guess. But if anyone did then the full answer would have to include watching Greg Stump's movies in my 'formative' years. The Blizzard of Aahhhs (still got it on my iPhone!), License to Thrill and Groove Requiem in the key of ski. Then dashing across Europe to for a week in Chamonix, flinging ourselves off anything vaguely steep and dangerous, and wishing I had the nerve to go for the full pink mohican.

What a sad man I am!

No comments: