Sunday 18 July 2010

Every day is like Sunday...

I'm not one for lists of favourites, but if I did then "Every day is like Sunday" by The Smiths would be high on my favourite songs list. And today I've been thinking wouldn't it be good if indeed every day was like Sunday. In particular, this Sunday.


Today I have mostly been...

Rising at a leisurely hour and taking a short stroll to my favourite boulangerie for some viennoiserie and a crusty baguette.

Catching the train to La Flegere (no worrying about taking the car and its free with your resident card or card d'hote) and then the telepherique. Walking with the kids on previously unexplored trails with stunning backdrops and cool shade back to Argentiere.


Picnicing in the sun while taking in the views. Foraging for a feast of blueberrries and wild strawberries by the trail side.


Enjoying Cafe Gourmand (you've got to try one to know!) at the Dahu.

Leaving the kids to play in the pool while taking the bike up to Lognan on the last telepherique of the day and ripping up the Lavancher descent. Getting back to the pool within the hour and jumping in!

Filling the corridor full of curry fumes and Brit Pop classics as my French neighbours arrive. Entente cordiale and all that!

And finally popping a cork on a wonderfully cheap bottle of plonk and watching the sun set over Mont Blanc.


Bring on tomorrow...

No comments: