Tuesday 6 January 2009

I should be so lucky...

Chances are that by now you've heard how good the start to the winter season has been. Snow, snow and more snow, ensuring that the Chamonix Valley got one of the best starts to a winter season in years.

Our Christmas guests had a great time and have provided some very positive feedback:

"Can I say what a fabulous time my family had in your Argentiere apartment over Christmas. The apartment was lovely; well equipped and cosy. You have obviously made it in to an apartment that you would feel comfortable staying in - not usually the case! The Christmassy decorations were a delightful addition and with our roaring fire on Christmas Day made our holiday. It was light, spacious, thoughtfully decorated and warm - I don't want this to sound like a criticism, but almost too warm! It seemed a shame to open the windows when things got too toasty, but better warm than cold! The area is lovely and we had a fantastic time in the mountains. What a view from the balcony!!

I loved your apartment and I'm very jealous as I wish I had one just like it! A beautiful setting, a homely, cosy apartment and fantastic owners who genuinely seem to care.... brilliant!"

And it seems that someone told diminutive pop princess and so it would appear keen snowboarder Kylie how good it was this year. Sounds like Kylie and her current have been shredding the slopes of the Grand Montets over New Year, although the 'current' might have over done it a little as local sources report Kylie as last being seen in the Doc's surgery in Argentiere. Ouch!


I've always had a soft spot for Kylie, ever since the Charlene days (well, students watch Neighbours even today don't they?) and the little kids from next door to our flat in King Edward Street in Gateshead used to tease me and my (diminutive) girlfriend that it was Kylie & Jason coming home. (That's the Mrs. now, and the frizzy perm look has gone). I do, of course, have to deny rumours that Kylie booked with StayInChamonix for her New Year retreat. I should be so lucky...

No comments: