Thursday 10 April 2008

Start 'em young

Have you got a favourite ski run? Well, if pushed, I think I'd have to have Les Chamois up on the Grand Montets somewhere near the top of my list. A long, large meandering black run down a natural bowl that's provided some challenging and excellent terrain for many years. I was probably in my mid/late 20's before I discovered the run (only having learnt to ski a couple of years before that). So, sickening then when your 6 year old daughter in only her second season manages to ski the run with grace and ease!


And compared to 3 year old Sam, that's nothing! At the beginning of the trip he was merrily being dragged around between my legs. 2 days later and he's not just skiing the slopes, he's looking for jumps. Needless to add, progression during the holiday was significant, with the crowning glory being his descent of the Herse, the red run under the 6 man chair at Grand Montets. He turned an eye or 2 on his way down!

Don't you just wish you'd learnt to ski when you were 3 years old!

Here's another one of Jodie and Sam heading off with the entire Chamonix valley ahead of them and Mont Blanc in the middle distance... Cool, huh?

No comments: